Thursday, May 21, 2009

Saving Your Life In More Than One Way

So I hardly ever click on the top news stories featured on AIM every morning, but one headline caught my eye "Woman's Abs Save Her Life".

I was curious to know and maybe find out more reasons why I shouldn't drink beer, eat cheeseburgers and cheat sometimes in my abs classes and this story seemed to have it. Well, it's an amazing story and another reason to stay fit but somehow I'm not seeing myself ever paragliding for fun around sharp jagged rocks off the coast of Australia anytime soon.

This woman was about to take off paragliding when a gust of wind picked her up and pummeled her into a sharp bed of rocks, dragging her across by her abdomen. The injuries she suffered would have killed most of us, but thanks to her extremely toned abs she survived.

Read the full story here.

I think the gist of this post is next time I'm thinking of skipping that abs class or not doing sit ups I might rethink it...or I might not.

No comments: