Wednesday, May 6, 2009

Changing Lives



This past weekend we had our first ever SparkPeople Convention in San Diego!!! For the past few months a co-worker and I have been working really hard to pull this event off, especially the last two weeks (notice the lapse in blogs). From the flowers to the AV we literally did it all and it couldn't have gone any better.

I really didn't know what to expect going into the event. I couldn't have told you if it was going to be a bust or spectacular, lucky for us it was better than imagined. Going into the event we had a lot of buzz and the members were extremely excited - that made me feel awesome...but I can't even describe how much this escalated the day of the event.

At SparkPeople we work everyday to better peoples lives, inside and out. Our members are the greatest and love all employees. This Convention confirmed for me that what I do everyday is literally saving people's lives and changing them for the better. I'm going to admit it, I cried a few times hearing members stories. Members who lost more than 200 pounds, recovered financially thanks to our tips and even contemplated suicide before finding SparkPeople.

Can you imagine how it feels to work at a place every day where you actually have the chance to see all the people's lives you have changed? This made me love my job even more than before. Our members were so excited to meet us, even measly old me, that I took a few photographs and signed autographs for them - that was surreal to me.

I still feel I am on the SParkPeople Convention rush and can't wait until the next one. San Diego was an awesome place and the Convention was just amazing! All the hard work, sweat and tears we put into it was well worth it.

No comments: