Monday, September 14, 2009

Tough To Be A Bengals Fan


Bengals season kicked off this week and I had high hopes that it might be a season worth watching! Having my first season ticket to myself I was pretty excited. Hard Knocks showed a team that is working hard and wants to win. So I went into the season opener against Denver pretty pumped.


The crowd and excitement at the game was pretty dull, to say the least. The whole game was pretty boring except the last 5 minutes. Where I had a feeling that the season could be great and then it was stripped away from me in the last 20 seconds.


The Bengal scored, to take the lead 7-6 with only 30 seconds remaining. After a time dispute, more time was put on the clock. This lead to the worst and most shocking loss I have ever seen. After a tipped pass and the ball floated up in the air a few seconds, a Denver received caught the ball and ran it in for a touchdown. Leading to a 12-7 loss for the Bengals.


It was dead silent in the stadium. I watched as hope was wiped off people's faces and another season of losing looks to be ahead of us. It's hard being a Bengals fan the past few years and I think Mike Brown needs to get out! He has no reason to be involved in selecting players and if he isn't willing to spend money then he's going to continue to see a losing team.


I still have a little bit of hope we can turn it around, but if we don't beat Green Bay it's lights out for the season. With the Steelers the next home game we better turn it up. If we don't win Green Bay and Steeleres I see the rest of the games not being sell outs which means no TV time for Bengals. Which hopefully hurts Mike Brown's pockets and he wakes the F up. All I have to say to Mike Brown is "Child Please!"


*please note, I took about 3 minutes writing this blog becuase I am still annoyed at the loss and don't want to devote anymore time talking about. Turn it around Bengals!

No comments: