Tuesday, September 1, 2009

Where Did Summer Go

Holy Cow, it's September 1? Where on earth did this summer go? I feel like just yesterday I was excited that the trees were blooming, the grass was green and a summer of swimming, boat drinks, concerts and fun was ahead of me. Now it's school zones, yellow buses, cool nights and the dreadful fear that highs in the 40s are approaching.

I mean, it was less than a month ago I was at the Jimmy Buffet concert here in Cincinnati. I think that's what it is, the concert was way too late in the summer this year and I feel like it just jump started my summer.

Usually Jimmy Buffet plays in June or even early July, but this year it wasn't until August. I mean, a Buffet concert at any time of the year is great, but here in Cincinnati it's a movement. Millions of parrot heads flock down to Riverbend to wear hula skirts, bikinis, drink margaritas and forget that their is life outside of Margaritaville.

If you're not a fan of Buffet you just don't get. You are confused why middle aged men wear grass skirts, woman wear coconut bras and peeing in the lawn is acceptable. But if you are a fan, you know that drinking at 7A, taking shots with your fellow lot mates, wearing nothing more than a parrot head speedo and much more is nothing out of the ordinary.

As a 28 year old, I'm not necessarily in the main Buffet target. The majority of his fans are middle aged party goers who in their prime, were pretty much as awesome as me!! JK. But there are a lot of Buffet fans. A lot of people ask why I'm a Buffet Fan, so few reasons below:

  1. I grew up listening to Buffet and it reminds me of beach days and dancing as a child.
  2. Buffet LOVES Cincinnati. Not only is "Fins" about Cincinnati but the whole Parrotheads actually started here in Cincinnati when he performed at Kings Island.
  3. His music makes me crave an ice cold beer and boat drink and automatically brings me to warm weather, even if it's the middle of February.
  4. He's a pilot and leads a lifestyle I would want to live.
  5. He's done so well not only as a musician, but a business man creating Margaritaville, LandShark and much more!

I can definitely say it's the highlight of my summer going to Buffet and each year I look forward to it. Someday I will make a show of his in a tropical island and be in heaven!

Anyway, to my original point I"m not ready for Fall or Winter. I feel like I woke up and when "Dude, where's my summer gone?"

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

It took me a long time to search online, only your site explain the fully details, bookmarked and thanks again.

- Lora