Wednesday, August 11, 2010

A Wedding Post

This past Sunday I went to a friends wedding that was just amazing! As I’ve mentioned before, I am in prime wedding season right now as I’m the perfect age for people to get married, have babies and buy new houses. So, I go to a lot of weddings which I absolutely love!

Being to a lot of weddings make you realize how each one is so different and things at each wedding stand out. Well, at Lauren’s wedding I can only say amazing things. The flowers, the lighting, the tables, the atmosphere, the people – all of it was truly amazing!

One thing I realized I want after being at Lauren’s wedding was a video of my day. I had shopped around and never found the right person to do it. They were all the same - long and boring (sorry). Probably not boring to the couple but boring to me – which made me think, why waste the money on it? Who is really going to want to sit down and watch this? Me, my kids – Yeah right? Life will happen and the next thing we know we’ll be at our own kids weddings.

But, Lauren’s videographer Studio Z really blew me away. So much so, I scheduled a meeting, met him today and plan to book him shortly. His pieces and stories are so well told it evokes emotion and joy, as if I were right there with them the whole time. The best part, they range from 2-6 minutes long – WOW! Of course he still gives you the long, boring version you may never watch again – but the short version is all worth it! You can show people who couldn't make it and review your magical night in less than 6 minutes. And, with all this mass mingling occurring you can post it anywhere!

Don’t believe me – check out my friend’s same day edit that played that night at their wedding! It’s gorgeous!

Studio Z Films : Award Winning Wedding Filmmaker » Lauren & Seth: The Same Day Edit

No comments: