Monday, November 17, 2008

Weekend Fun!

When I was in highschool I had a great group of friends. It’s funny, these were the people I thought I would be friends with forever, still hanging out with our families and kids. While they are still my friends, time and distance has driven us apart. However, over the weekend I was at a wedding with several of them and it was like old times and great to seee them. It sort of jogged my memory of the funny stories and stupid things we did. So, I’m positng a few pics from the wedding along with some funny random stories.

In the first picture is Tom, Dan and CJ. I still see Tom all the time, he married my best friend Jodie. I occasionally see Dan and CJ, CJ more often than Dan. As you can tell, Dan is a free spirit. Hasn’t cut his dreads since HS and is still soul searching across the US…his current job is ideal for him - he works on a marijuana farm that grows pot legally for medicinal purposes…fitting right? CJ, oh CJ, is the most rude but hilarious person I’ve ever met. We met over a Turkey Fight, that’s right, we threw Butterball Turkey slices at each other in a kitchen at about 4A my sophomore year of HS. But CJ grew up too, still no driver’s license at 27, but he’s in law school about to defend peeps via arguing…which he’s good at.

The last picture I just really like- it has Jodie’s married name on it- WEIRD! A lot of people hated HS but I loved it. I had so much fun, did stupid things and learned a lot about myself while doing it. So to HS and great friends…no matter how far we travel or how different we are it’s great to see you!

No comments: