Wednesday, December 31, 2008



Happy New Year! Another year has come and gone and I am glad to welcome 2009. 2008 was a big year for me, I had a lot of major life changes with moving and job changes and I am ready to get back into the swing of things in 2009. So with a New Year of course comes New Year's Resolutions. So what are yours going to be this year? Well, I know what mine are and I'm sure I will have many come up throughout the year, but below are my New Year's Resolutions/Goals for 2009.
  1. Quit biting my nails - I have this one every year and probably will for the rest of my life. While I've gotten much better at it, I still catch myself peeling, nibbling or picking at my nails occasionally. If I keep having this eventually it will come true right?

  2. Incorporate more 10 minutes workout burst into my daily life. It's awakens, motivates and excites the body. Did you know this is how the Victoria Secret Lingerie Models claim they stay so thin? Well, I'm sure they do this but I don't thing that's the only reason :)

  3. Do 10 real push-ups by years end. In my Body Pump class I tend to do about 3 real push-ups and revert to my knees. I'm going to try to push myself and build muscle to get to 10 by Year's End (this is a lot harder than you think).

  4. Don't get so worked up over nothing. This might be the hardest of all of them. I tend to worry a lot about things I can't control and get mad at little things. I mean, what person doesn't do this- right? I just want to get better at controlling it.

  5. Thanks to a co-worker, I've added this to my list. Get out and see more of Cincinnati. I've lived here a long time and still haven't seen parts of this lovely city. Whether I get out and exercise at a new park, see a museum or dine in a new part of town I'm going to try to do the Queen City Tour.

For now, those are at the top of my list. I have other ideas and things such as volunteer more, spend more time with loved ones, etc., but I don't think I need to make those resolutions just must dos. So we will see how this goes this time next year!

No comments: