Thursday, January 8, 2009

Gatlinburg Fun Times


To ring in the New Year I went to Gatlinburg, TN with about 20 friends. We rented this really big house and just hung out all weekend. It was definitely one of the best New Year's I've ever had.

We played a lot of Left Center Right, which is the simplest game but so much fun when you play with $$$$. We also had an Olympic style competitive games night. We created a bracket with a points system to come up with the winning team. The prize was just bragging rights, but it was so much fun I highly suggest doing it with your friends. The games we played were: Wii Tennis, Wii Bowling, Foosball, Air Hockey and Jenga. My team came in second and I still had the best time ever!

I am going to have to say the worst part was the traffic. Warning: Apparently the traffic in Gatlinburg is always bad - I'm talking about an hour to move two traffic lights- YIKES!!! We still braved the traffic, went into town, rode go-karts, did glow in the dark putt-putt and ate at some cheesy restaurant. I begged Jim and other friends to do the cheesy old time photos, but no such luck.

Some people went out and hiked and others went for walks/runs, but it was definitely nice to just have some time away from reality.

No comments: