Friday, August 28, 2009

The Secret Word!!!

One of my favorite shows to watch as a kid was Pee Wee's Playhouse. I can remember every Saturday morning at 10AM sitting down to watch it. You may be wondering what sort of crazy thoughts am I having today that made me want to blog about Pee Wee's Playhouse- right?

Well, it's not that I was dreaming of going to a dirty movie , but my friend, Paul, reminded me today that it's fun to just be a kid sometimes. So we started talking about Penny from Pee Wee's Playhouse. She was my all time favorite character on the show! She resembles me in ways, other than the pennies for eyes (Duh!) But her whole deal was talking about cute random things and just rambling on and on about them. Like a little kid does or like how I tell stories and blurt out totally random things. See her clip here telling us how to make toast. So darn cute!

Then there was Chairry, the talking blue recliner. I LOVED her too! She was so cute and just loved to snuggle up Pee Wee when he sat in her. I mean, who wouldn't want a chair that snuggled you and kept you warm and safe? I would spend a lot of money for a chair that did that and occasionally would give me life lessons. I wonder what Chairry did if Pee Wee farted on her?

Then there was the toilet looking chair that sat next to Chairry, I guess his name was Dog Chair. He played no real big part other than to give me nightmares and be afraid to use the potty in the dark as a kid.

Other than Penny, who didn't love Conky. He dispensed the best part about the show, THE SECRET WORD!!! The word of the day that whenever it was said everyone went crazy and I even went crazy at home. They were words like, bang, keyboard, bird, etc. I think we should implement that into our everyday lives. Be like, every time someone says the work ship today I'm going to get really really excited. Try it, see if people are freaked out by you.

So when you get overwhelmed thikg about being a kid. Pee Wee's Playhouse reminds me of those fun Saturday mornings eating cereal in front of the TV and looking forward to playing in the neighborhood with my friends. Nothing got my day started off better than the opening credits to Pee Wee Herman!

No comments: