Friday, November 13, 2009

My New Goal

So the other day I was at Urban Iron just pumping it and jamming to the remixes, little secret I LOVE remixes! So we get to the dreaded shoulder track. For some reason, I just hate shoulders and never increase my weight. I think I'm pretty strong and could totally lift a car off someone if the situation presented itself but I realized I suck at push ups!

If you remember my previous blog about the San Diego boot camp I did with the ex marine then you know that when pushed I was able to accomplish a lot of push-ups but almost vomited. Well that night I went home and remember that I met a woman while in San Diego who had accomplished the hundred push-up challenge and was amazed. She didn't look like her head was shrunk cause her shoulders were so big and her arms were buff but not too buff like Madonna's. And right then and there on the spot I told myself I was going to do it.

I went to download the iphone app and then elected to do it online as it was free! So there you have it, my new goal. I also recruited two co-workers to join in with me so we encourage and push each other to do it. It requires 3 days a week for six weeks following their program to achieve this goal. So I plan to start on Monday.

I can barely do 20 in a row so am excited to see how it goes. I am going to try to do them on my toes, but will probably need to do some on my knees. According to the website it doesn't matter how you do them just that you are building strength and over time achieving your goal. So you might see some post in here about my journey and the day that I do the 100 push-up test I'm having Paul film it!

So there you have it, my new goal. It's nothing big and crazy but I think if I can do this I will feel so great about myself and want to keep achieving more and more goals. This first tiny goal will lead to others. Happy Friday!

No comments: