Wednesday, November 11, 2009

Really This Could Make You Fat

Obviously I check out a lot of food blogs and read up on nutritional information as it goes hand in hand with my job. Recently, I came across a a slide show on DailyBeast that was titled :Food That Can Kill You Instantly. It might have been the grossest slide show ever. It was clearly inspired from the website, thisiswhyyourfat.com.

The slide show was pretty gross and I could barely look at some of the food. Clearly people make ridiculous foods for the website just to make sure they get featured, but some of them are for real (check out my previous post on the Heart Attack Grill).

Alright I'm going to admit it here - I don't always eat the healthiest (GASP)! But I work out a ton to eat what I want. I actually chose to feature the McNuggetini from the slide because it sounds delicious! I mean who doesn't like chocolate milkshakes and McNuggets with a little bit of sauce and vodka? I would eat that up! Then probably vomit right after.

In all seriousness, I've started to try to make restaurant version food the healthy way and I'm loving it. I have been pulling the recipes from SparkRecipes and we are currently running a contest so lots have been entered, check them out here. I tried the Crunchy Supreme (knock off of Taco Bell's) for dinner last night and Jim and I both loved it.

If only I could knock off the Chipotle recipe - it just never taste the same:(

No comments: