Thursday, January 21, 2010

Consumers Want Happiness

I came across an article today talking about the new Coca-Cola happiness campaign and I like it! With everyone going viral and the need to reach a younger demographic on multiple mediums it can be tough to get it right. I think Coke has it right this time.

Check out the video below. Coca-Cola launched their happiness-themed campaign at the beginning of this year by sending 3 bloggers around the world to capture happiness (check the expedition out here). You can read the full article from Marketing Vox here, but below is a piece of the article that explains the rationale behind the campaign.

"It's not about having the Coca-Cola brand first and foremost, center of the screen,” said Adam Brown, director of Coca-Cola’s Office of Digital Communications and Social Media, in an interview with the Associated Press. “It’s about telling the story that involves Coca-Cola, that involves the attributes of what Coca-Cola is about, optimism and joy.”

That's exactly why I like it. It makes you laugh, I could imagine myself cracking up if I were there, it's surprising and while Coke is a big part of this it's not screaming Coke the whole time! Good viral video of the week.

No comments: