Wednesday, February 3, 2010

What Would You Say?

I haven’t mention Paul recently, but he gave me this great idea for a blog the other day. We were working out in the back room at work and the conversation about Navy Seals came up. Basically, we were talking about how tough they are and the training they have to go through. The term “SEAL” comes from their mission to be able to operate anywhere in the world: Sea, Air, and Land –I mean that just shows they are trained and able to conquer anything!

One caveat, you must be a male to be a Navy Seal. At first I was curious why can’t a female be a Navy Seal so I did a lot of research and the best answer I came up with can be found here – but the gist is men are stronger, personal hygiene reasons and physical capabilities. Even though I’m all about equality it makes sense to me and probably is accurate. Other thing, you have to be ready to get your butt kicked for months on end. Click here to learn more about it but if carrying logs, 4 hours of sleep in 5 days, working out in freezing water temperatures and basically self torture are things you are into then this it the job for you!

So why is all this talk of Navy Seals leading into the point of my blog – well Navy Seals have a lot of motto's, such as "The only easy day was yesterday!" After talking about all the stuff they do and how everything is so extreme, it was brought up that they do everything hotter and wetter. Of course we got a good laugh out of this one and a good “that’s what she said”. And the next thing you know we were talking about how that should be a bumper sticker on my car, “I do everything hotter and wetter”.

Car bumper stickers, whatever happened to those? Personally, I’m not a big fan of promoting things on my car but sometimes it is acceptable. For example, having a college sticker when you are in college on your car. Things I don’t find acceptable: political or religious view bumper stickers, bumper stickers letting me know you child is a straight A student or stickers telling me your opinion on war. Apparently others don’t like political stickers either, it can get you kicked out of events!

However, if I were forced to select a bumper sticker it would be a reflection of our conversation around Navy Seals – I do everything hotter and wetter. Imagine the conversation people would have about that when they pulled up behind me. Then when they drive by and glance at the crazy person with this sticker they come to find a normal looking girl probably wearing workout clothes and a sweaty headband.

Just for kicks, the picture below is a bumper sticker I found online. It is true and cracks me up, anyone I know with a truck and I’m moving I’m gonna hit you up! What would your bumper sticker say?

No comments: