Wednesday, April 14, 2010

Googling Yourself


If you haven't done it yet than you are lying, everyone Googles themselves. If you haven't done it yet and you aren't lying than you better do it - it's the best way to know what's out their about yourself and to try to control it. If you've never Googled your lover, do it! Anytime you are meeting someone personally and especially business contacts get to know them first (there is nothing wrong with this)!

I work for an Internet company, am on Facebook, have a blog, Tweet, etc. so I'm going to be out there a lot. Plus, I've done a lot of things recently that have been featured in press related items so my name comes up a lot. And the biggest topper, my last name is really unique UHLMANSIEK.

My last name is the topic of conversation whenever I meet someone. Where are you from, how many of them are there, etc. Well to be honest, not that many (that I know of) - as a matter of fact my immediate family and grandparents are the only ones I know. My Dad was an only child his dad was an only child so the name has been kept pretty tight. My brother has a lot weighing on his shoulders so get to it!

Anyhoo, the whole point of this blog is that I Googled myself yesterday just to do a check and decided to click on the image link too. Well low and behold the third picture amid all the correct pictures was the one featured to the right. Another Jenny Uhlmansiek and she's on Facebook- WHAT?

So I did some more Internet stalking and found nothing. This poor girl has to compete with my name and all the stuff on the Internet for SparkPeople so gets little to no love from Google. So I went back and forth on friending her on Facebook but finally decided not to. Part of my decision was that one of the only groups she belongs to is "safe connections" - meaning she probably doesn't accept strangers and only having 100 Facebook friends should probably tell me that.

Other Jenny Uhlmansiek if you read this blog and would like to be friends feel free to be my Facebook friend, I won't find it weird.

No comments: