Tuesday, April 6, 2010

Telling It Like It Is

First off, I watch Gossip Girl and I'm not afraid to be 28 and admit it! If you read my blog you know there are much worse things I watch. Anyhoo, last week I caught the most amazing commercial during Gossip Girl, which is rare thanks to DVR! I thought it was a joke at first but after some research have come to discover it's a whole movement to have women not be so embarrassed about their period.

Kotex has taken a different approach and tried to discover why people are so freaky about periods with their U by Kotex campaign. Basically, Kotex has created a campaign that mocks the past several years of Period ads that have been in media. You can see in this first ad they are mocking the pretty girl at funny angles telling you what to buy AND of course wearing white - If you are a girl you know you never wear white while on your period.



In the next video, found on the Kotex website, you see a real women telling you how she wouldn't do all these things featured in the commercial. Like yeah, when I'm on my period I want to dance and do cartwheels through an open field? Who were these creative geniuses making the first ads?



As I mentioned, after seeing this ad I immediately went and checked out their website only to discover there are several hilarious videos giving you the real dish about your period. Check out this undercover video of a man buying tampons for his girlfriend, or this video and see how people are so afraid to say the word vagina or penis (that was even hard to type) and last check out this one and make sure to take care of your beaver, it's the only one you have!

No comments: