Monday, June 22, 2009

Just What A Girl Needed

This past weekend we had a girls weekend in Hilton Head Island. It was a much needed weekend away from boys and great bonding for the girls. I must throw major thanks to Heather for letting us stay at her house and Jim and MB for flying Megan and I down and home! KUDOS!

I love these weekends with the ladies because you can just be silly and have fun. Even though they are the people you are with all the time, getting out of town and rid of the boys makes such a difference. Of course there is lots of laughter, some tears and girls being girls.

We basically spent the entire weekend lounging on the beach with lots of yummy beer, turkey sandwiches and great dinners. There was one boy who we allowed to join for a little, Jason - buried in the sand, who was down there with his girlfriend Christine and we couldn't exclude him from the fun. Plus, he carried the coolers and acted as our photographer.

We did enjoy a night out on the town Saturday, and it got a little wild and crazy and was just what we needed. It involved lots of shots, dancing and singing. And that's all I'm saying since my boyfriend reads this blog :)

I love the smell of South Carolina and it was good to be back, even for a short amount of time. I can't wait until the next girls trip and love you all!

XO

No comments: