Friday, June 26, 2009

To the King of Pop!


Unless you have been living in a cave, you are well aware that Michael Jackson passed away last night due to cardiac arrest. While his life has had it's ups and downs and many people hated him for the man he became, he was definetely "The King of Pop".

I have always loved his music, everything from "Billy Jean" to "Heal the World". His was a musical genius - he put down awesome beats and his lyrics have the ability to create emotion and strike chords with his fans. He had this amazing ability to bring people together, all races, religions, sexualities and more.

I was thinking about it this morning when I woke up, which made me do this blog post. Elvis Presley to my parents was a music icon, he was the "King of Rock N Roll"! I still listen to his music and he left his mark in history. He too, died a young death and was taken too soon. Michael Jacson to my generation, is like the Elvis Presley to our parents - only Michael is the "King of Pop".

So to a man who not only changed the music industry but was able to bring people together from all around the world to dance and rejoice, we will miss you. You may not have lived the best life is some people's eyes, but it wasn't an easy life either. You will be missed and you have left your mark. I will continue to screech your lyrics at the top of my lungs and dance my ass off everytime one of your songs comes on - and that is the best way I can think of to honor you.

No comments: