Tuesday, July 7, 2009

Duh or No Duh


This blog is all thanks to my friend Paul!! Who has been begging to be featured in the hottest blog to hit the Internet since PerezHilton - JennyUJunk.com!

So, last week PAUL and I were talking about some good blog topics and he brought up that "duh" and "no duh" mean the same thing, he just doesn't get it. After he brought this to my attention I thought "You know PAUL, you are right, that doesn't make sense."

I think "duh" and "no duh" basically mean "No Shit Sherlock." For example:

Paul: "Jenny, did you know that Anna's best part about the SparkPeople Rally was you"!
Jenny: "Well duh PAUL, I'm awesome"

However, this conversation could have also gone something like this:

Paul: "Jenny, did you know that Anna's best part about the SparkPeople Rally was you"!
Jenny: "No duh PAUL, I'm awesome"

It's one of those words that it doesn't matter if you put the "no" in front of it, it means the same thing without it. So why do we put the "no" in front of it? It totally baffles me and I don't have the answer folks. It also baffles me that this website exist - WTF?

Do you have words that you don't understand or they totally mean the same thing? I could totally get into words that I can't stand to hear (like moist), but that would be a-whole-nother blog (and there's another one...a-whole-nother and another = same thing).

No comments: