Tuesday, July 28, 2009

Nothing Like Wrigley and Chi-Town

This past weekend I had the opportunity to travel to Chicago with Jim's family to attend the Reds game and see the city! It was an amazing trip and I can't thank his family enough for inviting me to come along! I put a group picture of all of us in here too!

I was really excited to go to Wrigley Field to see my first game ever there...and it was against the Reds!!!

To make it a true Chicago experience we took the blue line on The El over to Wrigley Field. Once I stepped off The El I was really excited! All the people crowding the streets, the noise, the beer, the smell and it was only 11AM!!

We had awesome seats, right along 1st baseline and about 7 rows up. I loved how the field was open, didn't feel surrounded by technology - but just us and the players! I enjoyed some Old Style's, Chicago Style Hot Dogs, peanuts and ice cream.

We cheered for the Reds, who ended up losing :( Then stuck around for the song that Cubs fans sing if they win...something along the lines of "Go Cubs Go!" We laughed at this, because it totally sounded like a Christian Rock Church Band was playing. But all in all we had a great time at the game and the stadium was awesome, not a bad day to be a Cubs fan!

After the game we went out and partied at some of the local bars around the stadium! We went to Slugger's and listened to the dueling piano players! We had such a great time I would love to get to Wrigley every summer!

I have been very lucky to have traveled a lot this summer and had the best time. I am truly blessed to be surrounded with people who love me and I love them, no matter where we go we have fun!

No comments: