Monday, March 9, 2009

A Great Day To Fly

This past weekend in Cincinnati it was unseasonably warm, in the mid 70s. People were wearing shorts, flip flops, running outside and drinking beers on the patio. The kind of stuff that Spring is made of.

Jim, who is a liscened VFR pilot, decided to take me and my friend Megan for a flight. I have been bugging (nagging) Jim to take me on a flight to my Alma Mater, Ohio University, for quite some time and on Saturday he made all my dreams come true (well, not all, but at least he fulfilled this one)!

So Megan, Jim and I took flight to OU to have a little fun. It was a little windy up there which caused a very turbulent flight. I definitely lost my stomach a few times and got nervous, so kuddos to Megan who didn't seem scared at all...even though she probably felt like this.

We arrived to the fabulous college, were greeted by students lugging cases of Nati Light down the street, short shorts, partying on patios, mysterious smoke billowing from windows and a Tour De Jenny Circa 1999-2003. We ate a a local establishment, checked out my Senior House, walked around and just did it up. I sure wish we could have stayed the night and partied with all the shirtless college boys playing beer pong a cornhole at 2PM - oh the days to be young and carefree!

We arrived back in Cincinnati safely and can't wait to do it all over again. I hate OSU, so here's too all you OSU people who do the dumb OSU all over the world things -it's a little distorted, thanks iPhone, but to the best Ohio School ever - GO BOBCATS!!!


No comments: