Tuesday, March 24, 2009

A Train Wreck in Your Arteries


Literally, a Train Wreck in Your Arteries!!

I was at a local establishment on Sunday afternoon to watch some NCAA games and eat the best burger in Cincinnati. Zip’s CafĂ© in Mt. Lookout Square is consistently voted as the Best Burger in Cincinnati and I agree. In addition to the burgers, you have to try the chili, grilled cheese and the shoestring fries. Nothing about this screams healthy, but it’s worth it every once in awhile. It’s affordable and way better than Fat Burger!

On Sunday, my friend Stefanie and I noticed that they were advertising a “Train Wreck”. At first we thought maybe the train that circles the restaurant does some fantastic amazing trick and spews alcohol or jumps the track – but we were way far off on that one. The manager/bartender and a friend of mine, Mike, informed us that it is a new sandwich and that the man on the end of the bar just ate one. We were like, well what is it? So here it goes :

  • ¼ pound Hamburger

  • 1 Mettwurst

  • 1 piece of ham

  • 3 pieces of cheese

  • Lettuce, tomato, onion and pickle

  • Ketchup, mustard and mayo

  • 1 hamburger bun

Holy Cow – Literally! I mean I couldn’t even get my mouth around this thing to take a bite. My heart skipped a beat just thinking about this sandwich and one of my arteries already panicked at the thought of surgery. This is just absurd and would totally put me on the couch for two weeks.

So, curiosity got the best of me and I had to know how many calories are in this Train Wreck? Well, unfortunately they do not list the contents of their food online – but I used SparkPeople’s Food Tracker to estimate the totals. So, below is how much this puppy sets you back:

  • Total Calories = 1,310

  • Total Carbs = 83

  • Total Fat = 79

  • Protein = 68

And this is without the grease that I’m sure is sitting on the grill, butter on the bread etc. That is almost my calories for the day, already exceeds my Fat for the day and is without the fries, chili and other condiments you would add to this meal. YIKES!!!

Zip’s is still awesome and people eat this sort of thing up, it’s just not for me. For another example of an awful food gimmick, check out Rob’s Blog on The Fifth Third Burger.


1 comment:

Rob said...

"I couldn't even get my mouth around this thing" - THAT'S WHAT SHE SAID!