Tuesday, August 11, 2009

OMG LOL

Ok, I saw this thanks to a Twitter link and was cracking up at this. The whole texting language and emoticons just crack me up...but I'm not going to deny I use them quite often.

Sometimes as a joke, like when I first heard about Michael Jackson's death I got blasted with about 40 text messages, but I also sent out the following text message when I heard it on the radio "OMG, MJ is RIP! and peeps got it! And all night long it was a joke because everyone wanted to be the first to break the news, so every time we heard it it went something like this " OMG, No Way, :( SBT"

My favorite use of text language is the NTB, who thanks to my friend Fagel (now likes to be called Emily) this is a commonly used term amongst our friends.

I also must say I sometimes abuse the emoticons, even admit to changing them around every once in awhile. But nothing is better than a bouncing kiss from your lover or an angry red screen from your friend right?

I still have to agree that I like the AOL emoticons the best. Sure, the Wee Mees react to funny words like vomit, jump, bad and do things like vomit, jump and spit...but they can never compare to that good old happy smiley face that comes across the screen.

Oh yeah, if you don't know what the text language is above figure it out like parents do here. And if you want to see how text messages and emoticons can go horribly wrong check that out here.

Until next time.

TTYL

No comments: